Product Manager, Gameplay Innovation
Launched in April 2020, Supernatural is an immersive, virtual reality fitness experience created by Within that combines the best music, coaches, destinations and movements into an incredible home workout; with a new workout released every day.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our Gameplay Innovation team! At Within, we move fast in a rigorous and creative environment. The right candidate will be a builder, communicator, and collaborator who possesses persistence and determination to create beloved experiences. Above all, the Product Manager must be passionate about driving results and making great products.
What you’ll do:
As a Product Manager you’ll be responsible for the lifecycle of products that make Supernatural the most fun way to exercise. You’ll be empowered to act boldly and independently as you make the decisions that will impact the core gameplay experience of Supernatural members. Partnering directly with leadership, senior designers, and engineers, you’ll broaden Supernatural’s portfolio of modalities while continuously finding ways to increase the joy in our existing experiences. If you share our belief that virtual reality can play a major role in making exercise not suck, and you think you can help us create that future, we’d love to meet you!
The impact you’ll make:
- Autonomously influence a cross-functional team of creative and technical collaborators to execute on complex prototypes and features
- Continually prioritize work by communicating critical milestones, deconstructing features into discrete tasks, and focusing on results
- Participate in ongoing user and competitive analysis to understand landscape, positioning, and feature set.
- Research new user facing technologies and predict applicability to our existing business
- Perform financial and/or user metric forecasting to support rationale for proposed feature set
- Own the ideation of features and mine for qualitative feedback during prototype phase
- Translate product goals into backlogs and prioritized features that effectively deploy resources
- Work with cross-functional team members to plan the go-to-market strategy of completed features
- Use your understanding of UI concepts to provide feedback to UI team on designs that accomplish business objectives
- Accurately estimate projects and partner with project management to ship predictably and on time
- Communicate risks to estimated releases and propose mitigation plans
- Continually review the performance of features and flows to improve business or UX results
What you’ll need to be successful:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of progressively increasing responsibility in consumer software product management
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Be able to speak the language of game design and game development
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with human-centered design principles
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Fluidly prioritize typical job responsibilities along with ad hoc requests
- Develop strong relationships built on mutual respect and a focus on continuous improvement
Bonus Points for:
- Experience working on consumer software products at massive scale
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel, Tableau, SQL,3rd party analytics suites (Google Analytics, Mixpanel, etc) or other analytical tools