Software Engineer (Payments)
Within is looking for an energetic and proactive engineer who is excited to join Within's engineering team and make key contributions to this growing organization. The ideal candidate brings deep and broad software development expertise in web and server development, as well as specialized experience in payment technologies and platforms, fraud prevention, and security best practices.
The impact you’ll make:
As a backend engineer with specialization in payment engineering, you will be directly responsible for continued development of our payment architecture and its integrations, and improving the reliability of our subscription payment service at scale.
What you’ll do:
- Architect and implement future scalable, stable and reliable payment infrastructure
- Audit the existing payment architecture for future improvements, then implement those improvements
- Implement and maintain integrations with payment, reporting, webhooks, address validation and sales tax services, as well as ad campaign tracking SDKs.
- Actively participate in engineering process improvement and planning discussion
- Maintain automated processes to minimize manual intervention at scale of user subscriptions
- Collaborate on backend server development and application feature development
- Mentoring and informing team members as appropriate
What you’ll need to be successful:
- CS, Software Engineering or an equivalent degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience developing distributed system using micro services and RESTful APIs
- 2+ years of experience working with Stripe, Zuora, Avalara, Taxjar or similar providers
- Experience with a modern web application framework (Python/Flask/Django)
- 2+ years of experience with SQL databases
- Appreciation for PCI compliance, GDPR and PII protection laws
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - able to break down technical concepts for non-technical team members
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Node.js, and/or modern frameworks like React/Vue/Angular
- Understanding of UX/UI design and front-end web development
- Experience in a start-up environment