Technical Release Manager
Within is looking for a Technical Release Manager to join our small team of world-class engineers.
The impact you’ll make:
Over the past year Within has grown to releasing and maintaining multiple successful apps across a wide range of platforms. As we look to the future, we are keen to invest in infrastructure and process to further improve our ability to release at high frequency and low friction. As Technical Release Manager you will assist the team in managing all aspects of the release lifecycle while ensuring alignment with Within’s priorities and key goals.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the overall release lifecycle across Within’s ecosystem both internally and externally, including Oculus, Google Play and Apple store fronts. Plan and facilitate the release schedule considering the complex interrelationship of client apps and services
- Partner with stakeholders in Engineering, Project, Product and QA teams to iteratively refine and improve the release lifecycle process in a data-driven, solutions-oriented manner
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements to stakeholders. Manage risks that may affect release scope, schedule and quality.
- Issue weekly release reporting
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (preferred) or a related field
- 2+ years of previous release management experience
- A solid understanding of project management principles
- Advanced knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a mix of business and technical colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
Bonus points for:
- Competency in GSuite and Atlassian’s JIRA and Confluence
- Start-up/entrepreneurial experience